Monday, November 16, 2009

Letter 11/9

Dear Family,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA AND HANNAH AND MITCHELL!!! I wish I could be there for this week. I will put some stuff in my Christmas package for everyone's birthday. I still haven't received the package from you yet but it should come this week. It's easy to send stuff from here. They have prepaid boxes at the post so I will probably do that within the next couple of weeks.
I have never been sick the whole mission. I have allergies probably every day but its not that bad. I did get athletes foot for a little bit but a member told me to walk in the sea water so I did that and it cured it, cool huh. It was on a p-day and we just cant go in the water past our knees.
This week was great. On Saturday we got to do service for a member. We got to chop the bad grass with sabers. I don't know if I've talked about it before but everyone has machetes here for gardening. To clean up their gardens they just hack everything down and burn it. I bought a saber when I was still in Moule and I've done a couple of service activities for people with it. I want to hang it up on my wall when I get home to remind me of lots of service times. I love Capesterre and the work is a little easier than it was in Moule.
I don't need any new shirts or pants, I've just had to do a bit of sewing. There's nothing I want just maybe that cd I wrote about last week.
The hospitals are pretty good here. I don't know why but there's always a million people at the doctors...
Everything is going good; thanks for writing to me and for prayers. love ya! I'm going to try and write my testimony in creole.
an sav Papabondye-la ka viv. i emné nou onpil. i té ban-nou onpil bitan. i té ban-nou fils a-y. an sav livre de mormon i pawol Papabondye. an ka dit sa au nom de Jesikri amen.
-elder hill

No comments:

Post a Comment