Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/18 To Von

Papa,

I guess I'm bad at hiding my emotions. I was very, very down last week. But you are exactly right. I read in the first chapter of Preach My Gospel that depression and discouragement come when you don't have faith. Last week was very hard for me. I even began to doubt all that I am doing here and even my testimony a little. I prayed a lot every day. I began to see how much God has blessed me in my life. I began to see all the answers to prayers that I have ever received. And, I had a dream where I saw uncle Matt. He smiled and laughed and we were making jokes and I gave him a big hug. I am totally convinced that God is there and that he hears our prayers. This week at church, we had three investigators attend. My integrity has grown so much here. I am learning more and more each day. I love The Book of Mormon and the scriptures now. Thanks for all that you do for me Dad. I love you a lot.

Elder Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment